Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Lament of Aniren del'Imorandh
The moon rises in the east
The sun has been trampled under foot
Will you still fight on my young warrior?

You are battered and scarred
You fight not with sword alone, but will
I stand before you, ready to let you slip into eternal rest
But you still fight

Even though I tell you it is in vain
You fight on
The enemy has awakened
His eye has turned to you, my warrior
Will you sill fight on, my young warrior?

Your army is dead
Your mount falters in its step
You walk across a barren desert
The sun scorches your back
Why do you fight on, my young warrior?

Give up the fight
I told you it was in vain
But see, you turn away from my words
You disappear into the horizon without a trace
I am left here, alone to wait for you
Why…why do you fight on?

Cold metal rises and falls
But it does not strike you
You are a shadow in the night
You are terror in the day
What is this animal you have become?

I pray and plead with you, but you do not head my words
You have turned your back to the light
Your eyes reflect the blackness that you have sunk into
Death has marked your heart with its star
Why do you not fight, my young warrior?

I reach out to you in your plight, but you cannot see
Why do you not turn back to me?
A lament I wrote for one of my books. Enjoy!